This interface makes it possible to upload a larger textfile for parsing with the VISL-system. When the file is uploaded, a notification will be shown together with an aproximation of the time needed to parse the file. Finally a link will be shown to where the analysed version of your text can be retrieved. Currently only plain textfiles in Unicode UTF-8 format are accepted (maximum size 2Mb), which can be uploaded directly from a folder on your local computer. Please make sure your text does not contain any formatting information from MS Word or another text processor.
Policy for usage of uploaded material
As a research and teaching project, VISL is happy to provide this upload service to our user community, but we would like to know a little about our "customers" and the texts involved, in order to provide better parser profiling and resource allocation, not to mention justification of funding priorities. Also, VISL maintains a corpus search interface for 7 languages, and would like to integrate uploaded texts into the searchable text body where copy right permissions allow this. We will therefore ask you to fill in a number of text fields for our database.
Copyright status and bibliographical information
Optionally, bibliographic data, language etc. can be specified for the uploaded material. Useful information would be source/author, genre, time period for the text, and possibly purpose of the analysis.
- Free (no copyright, Public domain or users own text)
- The material can freely be used as part of a publically available/searchable VISL corpus.
- Maybe/soft copyright (restricted use)
- The material can be used by VISL for internal research, but will be protected by a password.
- Heavily copyrighted (not to be used)
- The material will not be used by VISL. The parsed result will be available for some time througt the link provided to the uploader.
- Specify name, email and text properties
- Specify parser options.
- Verify options.
- Specify a textfile for upload.
- Check result link.